Wolf Creek Simulator Upgrades and New Award
For over a decade, 3KEYMASTER tools have been used to replace legacy FORTRAN models, and WSC has been providing simulator upgrades and support for Wolf Creek. WSC recently completed the following upgrades:
- Replacement of the reactor TH and neutronics models with 3KEYRELAP5-RT including the NESTLE neutronics model,
- Replacing the legacy FORTRAN logic of the Westinghouse W7300 analog control system with a custom modeling tool, and
- Provided a simulated solution to replace the stimulated Simplex TrueSite Fire Protection System using 3KEYMASTER soft panel graphics.
Through a new award from WCNOC in October, WSC will be providing the following enhancements to their simulator:
- Updates to their FlowBase hydraulic models to take advantage of new FlowBase features, including an improved drift flux solution and improved stability for liquid and vapor mixtures
- Add to the W7300 control system simulation: improved handling of signals with a bad quality, new capabilities to the Component Malfunctions, and enhanced visualization of the W7300 tool, including animated stencils.
- RELAP5 model improvements, including additional error logging, addition of 3D components to enhance model performance during transients, and addition of two new and two updated 3KEYRELAP5 overview pages to provide a more intuitive instructor visualization tool.